Spicy Lime and Honey Chicken

0 comments
Now that summer is right outside our door, the BBQ's are out!! Lately, I've had a craving chicken wings. I know, I know. Not very healthy you'll say. But I guess it all depends how it's prepared! BBQ or bake your wings and you'll see all the difference in the world :)

So, in addition to the most delicious sweet and sour sauce (tried it on wings - marinated them overnight in this sauce, it was absolutely fantastic!), I'm adding this spicy lime and honey sauce. Very easy and quick to make. Great to prepare for cottage week ends or summer potlucks! I adjusted this recipe from the What's Cooking, Chicago? blog since I didn't have all the ingredients. I also used chicken breasts instead of wings because I didn't have any wings available :(

Ingredients (Yields 3 portions):

  • 1/3 cup lime juice 
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground hot peppers (adjust according to spiciness liking)
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 chicken breasts

Method:

  1. Pre-heat your BBQ or grill pan to medium-high heat.
  2. Prepare the marinade: Mix the lime juice, honey and ground hot peppers in a bowl and place aside. (Note: the original recipe asks to cook this sauce until it slightly thickens. I didn't try that, but go ahead and play around with this recipe!)
  3. Toss the chicken breasts with the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
  4. Grill the chicken until marked, turning as needed.
  5. Baste your chicken with the marinade until your chicken is fully cooked. Make sure to keep basting to ensure that the chicken stays moist. 
You can also marinate overnight your chicken breasts/wings in a combination of all the ingredients and simply grill them the next day. I'll definitely try that out at my next BBQ! :)

Enjoy!

- CK
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Spicy Lime and Honey Chicken"

Post a Comment