Healthy Rosé Sauce Alternative

0 comments
Don't you love a nice pasta with a thick rosé sauce? I know I do. I would even be willing to say that it is my favorite pasta sauce! However, the amount of calories and fat that the usual whipping cream adds to this delicious recipe don't mesh very well with my fragile heart.

I've searched for a long time for the perfect rosé sauce that could be a little more helpful to my low-cholesterol diet when I finally ventured into the following recipe which I find turned out absolutely fantastic and filling. I'm sure there are healthier recipes out there (please do e-mail us if you have an even healthier alternative), but so far, this one will definitely work for me!

Ingredients:
I know, doesn't look very rosé but it sure tastes like it!
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
  • 5 white mushrooms, diced
  • 2 medium cans of Aylmer tomato soup (or any other tomato soup you have on hand)
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 2 tbsp light cream cheese
  • 3 cups pasta (of your choice) 
Get it done:
  1. Start by caramelizing your onions in your olive oil in a large sauce pan.
  2. Once your onions are almost done, add the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds.
  3. Add the mushrooms to the mixture and fry for another 30 seconds to a minute.
  4. Add the two cans of tomato soup and the tomato paste. Stir well, lower heat and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
  5. While the sauce simmers, cook your pasta according to directions on the package.
  6. Add the cream cheese to your tomato sauce and mix until the cheese has melted into the sauce - about 10 minutes. You can let simmer for another 5 minutes or so.
  7. Pour the sauce over your pasta on a plate and eat the hell out of it!
Enjoy!

-CK
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Healthy Rosé Sauce Alternative"

Post a Comment